The inspirational location of Lok Wo Sha in Hong Kong China has been used to inform a unique and exciting podium topography. When translated, the name Lok Wo Sha means Falling Grain Sand. This has been used to create a folded, rippled landform with spaces for residential use laid out as fallen grains on the earth.
Our podium park scheme design has been developed to deliver a landscape in harmony with the wider natural landscape setting and one symbolising the Falling Grain Sand concept.
- Restrained, elegant unification, combining tree canopies, folded landforms, restful planting, water, and elegant structures
- Access, activities and the requirement for a 24 hour public route have been seamlessly integrated into the park form
- At podium level, spatial legibility and way-finding are supported through sightlines, views and distinctive markers (bridges and canopies)
- Viewed from tower level, the park will display high artistic levels, both day and night, with views onto patterned structural canopies, elegant bridges, water and green roofs
- The palette of hard landscape and planting material is deliberately restrained with carefully consideration given to the grain, texture and colour of both the micro and macro environments