Harton Quays Park, South Shields near Newcastle, is part of the first phase of the Riverside Regeneration Strategy by South Tyneside Council.
Grant Associates won a competition to design and implement the park that will provide a new cultural focus and events facility for the town, whilst enhancing the biodiversity of the area and providing additional amenity to the local community.
- A curved ribbon wall made up of 144 precast concrete panels, including vertical sedum panels
- Colourful coastal planting, including pioneer species to respond to the local microclimate
- Dramatic pine grove observation point over the estuary
- Two lawns tilting East and West forming a delicate valley
- An amphitheatre and three community events spaces
- Interactive water feature enhancing the play provision