Church Street and Paddington Green is an area of Westminster, London that is beginning a renewal and regeneration. Westminster City Council commissioned Grant Associates as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver an Infrastructure and Public Realm Plan for the Church Street and Paddington Green Renewal Area.
Our brief was to create a vision which enhances the public realm of the existing neighbourhood and sought ways to reconnect the area to the wider Westminster context.
- Exemplar climate-change adapted neighbourhood to become London’s most ‘liveable neighbourhood’ with an enduring legacy for the residents, London and other UK cities
- Integrated masterplan addresses everything from clean air, drainage, flood and drought, to open spaces for play and nature, comfort and health, arts and culture, economy and infrastructure
- Under-used estate gardens brought into the public realm and enriched with productive gardens, play spaces, rain gardens and green infrastructure
- New north-south linear park to connect existing pocket parks throughout the neighbourhood
- Residents, local health centre and schools engaged through the integration of informal play and an ‘edible landscape’
- New civic street and associated squares along Church Street, to connect a college, health centre, library and remodelled market
- New civic square to act as a focal point for the market and community events and festivals