Grant Associates and Cullinan Studio have been responsible for the masterplan of this major waterfront regeneration project for the past 15 years, including the detailed design of the landscape and public realm for all the phases. The final phase is currently on site with its major public open space framing views of Brunel’s SS Great Britain and completing the long-planned ‘Brunel Mile’, a key pedestrian link from Temple Meads Station to the SS Great Britain.
- A vibrant series of spaces and routes to enhance the public realm
- New public squares and tree-lined avenues
- Increased number of harbourside moorings and a new harbour inlet
- Completion of The Brunel Mile
- A 40m x 8m green wall, fronting onto the central public space
- Innovative floating reedbeds to enhance the local biodiversity through habitat creation and form an important part of the sites water management strategy
- Extensive programme of public art with internationally renowned artists