Winner of The Civic Trust Housing Award 2008, RIBA Housing Design Award 2008 and The English Partnerships Housing Scheme of the Year 2008
Bourbon Lane is an award-winning affordable housing scheme in the White City regeneration area of London. The landscape design aims to complement and enhance the site’s architecture while providing a high-quality and attractive outdoor environment for residents.
- Contemporary design and ecological principles are combined to create a stimulating and safe landscape for people of all ages and abilities
- Simple paved mews spaces with distinctive tree planting help to give each housing block a clear individual identity
- Space for domestic gardening is provided to create useful and delightful areas to escape daily life
- A shared-surface ‘country lane’ unites the public, semi-private and public spaces, reducing the impact of the car and placing pedestrians as a priority
- Specific surface treatments and details create a comprehensive landscape and character across the site