Bath Western Riverside forms a new contemporary urban quarter adjacent to the World Heritage status city of Bath. Our brief was to create a landscape that provides an ecological and artistic focus for the city and a beautiful, peaceful place to live, walk through and use. Phase 1 is currently under construction.
- Three new public parks
- Open spaces and facilities on riverbanks, including new boat landing
- River edge habitats, floating reed beds, bat roosts and otter resting platforms
- Communal gardens, lawns, fruit and vegetable plots, sensory planting beds, wide range of trees
- Sustainable urban drainage system with green roof areas, artificial wetlands, reed beds, and formal water features
- Pedestrian and cycling routes with views of Bath and hillsides
- Play features, public art, and information on the history and ecology of the site